Sunday, March 28, 2010

Epilogue


A year ago, Lucy asked me to have lunch with her. Over sushi, she pitched me her ideas for this new play that she was writing. It was essentially the story of a pariah, an outcast, the lowest of the low. As she continued writing, it became clear that the real question, the more interesting question was: What makes someone a pariah? And so the slow birth of HANGMAN SCHOOL FOR GIRLS began. I was flattered and excited when Lucy asked me to direct this play. I have learned so much along the journey.

It has been an honor and a privilege to work with such brilliantly talented people. I offer my sincerest thanks to everyone who helped to bring this play into being. Thank you to those who have made monetary donations from this side of and across the pond. Thank you to Vagabond and FullStop company members who have donated time and support. Thank you to everyone who came out to our fundraising events over the last few months. Thank you to my shinning designers who have made this show look beautiful. Thank you to my immensely talented cast for filling the stage with life and vitality. Thank you to Meryl for holding it all together. Thanks to YOU, our audience, because without you none of this would ever be possible. But most importantly, thank you to Brian for your infallible dedication and resilience. And without question, to Lucy, the true queen of this classroom. I cannot thank you enough for sharing this story with the world and for inviting me along for the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment