Friday, February 05, 2010

Chapter Fifteen: Spotlight on Leta Tremblay


My name is Leta Tremblay and I will play the part of director on this wild ride. I am a director and stage manager currently residing in New York City. In my directing work, I specialize in stylized movement with bold, simple visual and auditory elements. Recent NY directing credits include: Fore-Shadow-Play (also written by Lucy Gillespie!) as part of FOREPLAYS (Galapagos Art Space, Brooklyn), The City That Cried Wolf (59E59 Theaters), 365 Days/365 Plays (FullStop Collective), and 10 Plates (ExPgirl, AD). I also staged a full production of Machinal by Sophie Treadwell while attending Smith College. As a stage manager, I work with many NYC theaters and companies including HERE Arts Center, Cherry Lane Theatre, The Chocolate Factory, NAATCO, and ExPgirl (company member). I am a founding member and Director of Production of FullStop Collective, a New York based theater company devoted to developing and presenting the innovative work of its members. I have trained at the Eugene O’Neill National Theatre Institute, with the Wooster Group, and with the SITI Company. I am so excited to be working with such an amazing group of people and I can’t wait for you to see what we create. Stay tuned! Rehearsals start in less than a week!!

In an interview with myself I responded:

What is your favorite word? Ardent
What is your least favorite word? Nigger
What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? People and Love
What turns you off? Cruelty to children
What is your favorite curse word? Fuck
What sound or noise do you love? Laughter
What sound or noise do you hate? Gunshots
What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Drummer in a Rock Band
What profession would you not like to do? President of the United States
If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? “Welcome, would you like to stay or care to give it another go?”

No comments:

Post a Comment