Sunday, January 24, 2010
Chapter Eleven: Spotlight on Jacquelyn D. Marolt
We have DESIGNERS! It will be my distinct pleasure, over the next few blog updates, to introduce you to the creative team who will bring the world of Hangman School for Girls to life. Let us begin.
Meet Jacquelyn D. Marolt. She’s our Set Designer. Jacquelyn is a set designer and scenic artist who has designed numerous productions at Vital Theatre, The Looking Glass Theatre, and Millbrook Theatre. Last summer, Jacquelyn designed Arcadia and The Clean House at New Century Theatre. She is currently the resident designer for Axial Theatre Company, with recent credits including Angels and Visions and Cherrie and Jerry. Jacquelyn received her B. A. from Smith College where she could usually be spotted in a stylish costume of either spattered paint, rugby socks, a dance leotard, or all of the above. She is thrilled to be making her design debut with FullStop, and to have the pleasure of working again with Leta.
And, as always, we’ll end with the Pivot Questionnaire as seen on Inside the Actors Studio:
1. What is your favorite word? Katzenjammer
2. What is your least favorite word? Can't
3. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Amy Ray
4. What turns you off? People who hate their jobs.
5. What is your favorite curse word? Cunt
6. What sound or noise do you love? Frying Bacon
7. What sound or noise do you hate? The sound of the train you just missed pulling out of the station.
8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Trapeze Artist
9. What profession would you not like to do? Dishwasher
10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? "Glad you made it, things are starting to get boring around here."