Meet Chelsea Morgan Hoffmann. She’s our Sound Designer. Chelsea is a Sound Designer and Actress currently living in New York moonlighting as a Production Manager during the day. She has a BFA in Theatre from NYU, and returned to New York last year after two years abroad in Ireland. In her spare time she does things like sleep and eat and read and knit and listen to different sounds and write notes about where those sounds can be used to adequately highlight dramatic tension. She also wears a lot of hats (literally, though arguably metaphorically as well). Her past credits are varied in terms of location, role, and genre, from Sandy in Grease to sound designing 4.48 Psychosis, and she is excited to be working FullStop & The Vagabonds and any other motley member that finds it's way into this production. The photo shown was taken on the completion of a sound installation she created for the Irish Museum of Modern Art, and probably a good indication of what she looks like at the end of any challenging, intricate, wonderful project - keep an eye out for a new one at the completion of Hangman!
1. What is your favorite word? To say aloud, "indicative." To define, "Dionysian."
2. What is your least favorite word? Skanky.
3. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Wit and a good bass line.
4. What turns you off? Pig or big headedness.
5. What is your favorite curse word? Fuck. I'm old school.
6. What sound or noise do you love? Ah for fuck's sake this is an unfair question. The inside of a train. And a million other things. Next.
7. What sound or noise do you hate? Teeth on fabric.
8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Talk Show Host. Or "Heiress."
9. What profession would you not like to do? Accountant.
10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? “Your father and mother and all of you are - as you used to call it in the Shadowlands - dead. The term is over: the holidays have begun. The dream is ended: this is the morning.”